Monday, May 18, 2009

Supernatural?

Many days ago, i interacted with my friend on the bus.

It goes like this...

I tried to take a picture of her and she told me don't, not because she is shy or what, it is.. it began all in the bus when she told me.

She told me the reason why she doesn't want a picture taken, it is because of a funeral that is just opposite the bus stop. She said it's better be safe not to take. I don't know whether in my stand, i should just follow what she said so as to avoid quarrels or just go ahead since i am not superstitious. But i did what she said and so called respect her.

She later shared with me her experience with an encounter in the HDB flat that this person approached her and cannot see the person face clearly and then the person dissapeared.

At that point of time, i just said that it might be all an illusion, but i cannot deny the fact that it might exist. The only thing was in my mind is that God controls everything and has a reason for it. That is why i shared experiences i heard to her, of course, christian experiences.

However, it is kind of a big question mark for me, why when people do not really want to meet such things in life actually met it. I just hope that it is just an illusion.

The only story i could refer to is 1Samuel 28:14-20. in bible.

This shows that God would allow a spirit in front of us if we want to seek it that much.
And the explanation i gave my friend was, most probably that's a demon or satan's doing.

Please enlighten me, Many a times i am lost for words for this kind of topic and a great opportunity lost to share to my friend

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. I can't dismiss it being a spirit, but then again there are numerous ways to explain the 'blur face' without invoking the spirit world.

    And I think we should be careful that not all OT texts should be applied to individuals, especially in this age. For instance, we do not simply "reproduce" the fact the God spoke literally to call Samuel into service and expect that God's servants today be called in exactly the same manner. God was dealing directly with Israel and His prophet in a theocracy back then.

    But the essential question is, how to share in this situation? I think it is a good question since I find it extremely hard to talk about the spirit world. It always blows my mind. Maybe Col 2:15?

    "And when he had disarmed the rulers and the authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in the cross."

    Christ is Lord and authority over all things, including the powers of the spirit world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spirit world is driving me crazy.

    ReplyDelete